I have a couple of friends who just refinanced their house and got a better deal with even some cash back coming to them. Well, of course this sets off in my head ,"Can I get some money back? Can I get a better deal?" I almost couldn't sleep a couple of nights ago thinking about it! So, I went today to Wells Fargo and crunched some numbers with the lady and I found out that we are doing okay on the mortgage we have now. We got an incredible 4.375% interest rate on our mortgage a year and a half ago. The main thing I was trying to do was get rid of the line of credit they gave us for the down payment. But, the rate for the refi would have been 5.375% and about $40 more per month than what we pay now. It is just nice to have the security of knowing we are getting a pretty good deal with what we have!
House prices are crazy here in Bellingham. A 3/2 house averages about $274,975. That's ridiculous!
On a side note, Joel and I had a Dukes of Hazzard birthday party one time. I have a secret excitement about the movie coming out... Yes!
Friday, June 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment