
I didn't post last night because we were at Dodger Stadium two nights in a row, so I just waited to write tonight. Dodger Stadium is a classic! It is perfectly symmetrical all the way around and it has that old school baseball feel to it. On the first night we sat behind the plate in the third deck. The seats are the hard, fold-up kind where your knees are below your hips when you are seated. I had to stand up often to stretch my legs and wake my butt up.
Tonight we sat on the third base side about 30 rows up or so right in a good spot to catch a foul ball. One or two came our way, but didn't get close enough to go for.
Last night the Dodgers came back to win 5-4 after being down 4-0. Tonight they lost big time 8-3. My dad and I kept the book on this game - where you keep track of the outs, how the put out went, etc. - and it was pretty fun. I think I will do that again sometime.
Tonight some guy from the outfield ran out onto the field after the 7th inning. Security started chasing him and he finally just stopped running and gave up. However, the security guys didn't. They tackled him HARD. It was awesome. There is just something about the Dodgers that is cool.
Before the game today, I went with some of the guys to Hollywood and walked around there for a while. We parked at the Kodak Theater, which is where the Oscars are held every year now. They were having the BET awards show tonight at the place and so lots of people (fans) were lining the red carpet and an announcer was announcing the celebrities who were showing up. Hollywood Boulevard was blocked off and traffic was rerouted for the event. I didn't see any celebrities, though. Our group ended up taking a city bus down through Beverly Hills and Bel Air. I didn't see the Fresh Prince, but I started to rap like him.
We walked along Rodeo Drive and saw the thousand dollar purses and hundreds of thousand dollar Rolls Royces (yes - two of them). A lot of the cars we saw driving past us were Porsches, Hummers, Corvettes, Mercedes, BMWs, etc. It was crazy. There is lots of money flowing through that neighborhood. I can't even comprehend it.
Tomorrow we are driving a long way to Phoenix for our last game where the Diamondbacks play the San Francisco Giants. I get to see my friend Mark there while he is on a business trip - how crazy is that? It just happened to work out nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment