Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Paper finished, next one up

Well, I finished my pastoral theology project for next Tuesday, and I give the presentation of it then. Here is what I'm going to do: I am going to begin with saying why I chose this topic (i've always held John Maxwell in high regard and liked the leadership principles and I did not know much about Eugene Peterson, so I compared and contrasted the two), then I am going to play a DVD of John Mayer and ask the students questions like, "what are your first impressions?" "How does this make you feel? What emotions come to you as you listen?" Then I am going to play an audio tape of John Maxwell reading from his book The 21 Most Powerful Minutes of a Leader's Day and ask them the same questions. After that we will go through the paper and I will guide them in discussion. Then I am going to have some crayons and paper for them to draw. I will ask them to draw what it means to them to be a pastor. I will ask, To you, what is the heart of being a pastor? The point of this last exercise is to get the artistry juices flowing in their brains.

I still have one more paper to do before next Tuesday as well.

Kristen comes tomorrow, too! That will be fun.

No comments: