Since turning 29 a couple of weeks ago, a lot has happened... (not that it has anything to do with 29, though.)
I finished the presentation for my Pastoral Theology class - and it went awesome! I had many positive comments on the presentation. It seemed that everyone was enjoying him/herself during that time. It was pretty funny when I played the Maxwell tape - they got bored after three minutes of it. They really dug the John Mayer DVD and it was a fun excuse for me to go buy it. I think I can write it off on my tax return next year because it was a school project.
Kristen came up last weekend and that was way fun to have her here. She and her husband Dave are going to be missionaries in China at the end of this year! That is bittersweet because they are obeying God's call and yet it's so far away!
We got U2 concert tix.
Also this past weekend, Jay (my senior pastor and friend) - his mentor Stan Grenz passed away from a sudden brain aneurism. 54 years old... He was a giant in the evangelical world, writing books on postmodernism and theology. People all over the world respected him mainly because of his love, if not because of his books. I remember getting to eat dinner with Jay and Melissa and Stan and Edna - I was always kind of intimidated around him because he was such a presence in theological circles. Yet, he made Bethany and I feel right at home. He was cool. The memorial service is this Sunday at 2:30 and Jay is in it, so he is going to preach right up front and then head up to Vancouver. B and I will join them up there after our service is done.
Easter's coming! Read in my discipleship time this week: The road to resurrection leads first through the crucifixion. Deny yourself, pick up your cross, and lay your life down for His sake. That's how we find it.
Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment