Saturday, March 19, 2005

Lady Bears Basketball!

Well, I just got back from the Baylor Women's basketball game down in Seattle where they won 91-70. They were awesome! The other team didn't even score until it was 15-0. I hope the bears go a long way in the tournament.

The basketball band, of which I was a part while I was at BU, sounded really good. Although it just wasn't the same... They played the standards, including Vehicle and Word Up, but the energy level just seemed low compared to when I was there. There was no one yelling like Dave in their huge booming voice "MAKE NOISE" when the other team was shooting free throws. The bones in Vehicle played it pretty safely on this bone feature. I met the new band director - Chrisopher Bianco - and he was pretty cool. That would be a fun job to have! They get to hang around Seattle over the weekend for the next game on Monday. It was weird not seeing anyone I knew, though.

Way to go, BU!

No comments: