I started back to Regent yesterday with a 2pm class - Pastoral Theology with Darrell Johnson. The professor alone is enough reason to take the class, but it will be a great time to learn from each of the other students as well. It is a seminar class which means there are only 18 students and we all take a week to present/facilitate/teach the projects we are doing. My project is going to be comparing and contrasting the pastoral theologies of Eugene Peterson (the guy who wrote the Message) and John Maxwell (the Laws of Leadership guy). Peterson sees the pastor as an artist while Maxwell approaches the pastor as more of a CEO. Which is the best way to view the pastor? As I do more research, I will share my thoughts, but I invite yours as well.
This morning I have Pastoral Care class - discovering the theological foundations critical for doing pastoral care. As you can see, this semester is pretty hands on with ministry stuff. I look forward to it!
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment