Sunday, January 02, 2005

Back Home from the Holidays

We got back from our time in TX with family and friends yesterday. We left our house Christmas day at about 2:30am and then had Xmas with the fam that night. The weird part was that I didn't get too tired that day - but that's because I was too excited to be tired. We arrived back in Bellingham at about 4pm yesterday. Good times, good times...

We spent two nights in Plano, then went to Paris, TX and then back to Plano for the week. One cool part was to be able to place a stone bench out at Bethany's grandfather's grave site as a surprise to his wife so she can have some place to sit out there while remembering him. That was special for the whole family.

It was really cool to spend time with the family and rest a bit before the new year. B and I got some cool gifts at the same time! I got an Xbox (I will be setting it up for Xbox live) and a bunch of clothes. B got a bunch of clothes, too, mostly from her mom and some cool art for our kitchen from my mom. Her mom also gave us a nice throw for our couch and some cool office supplies. I got some music CDs (U2, John Mayer) and Dickey's BBQ. Aww yeah for Dickeys. My cousin burned me the first half of the season "Lost." (Don't ask... I know it's not out for sale yet!) B's dad's gift was an invitation to accompany him on his traditional tour of baseball stadiums - this time on the west coast. That should be cool.

New Year's Eve was spent at my brother's house with the entire family cooking cheese fondue, steaks and then chocolate fondue. It was a really good time. Our 4 month old niece is very cute!

I will write more later, but wanted to catch you up on what is going on.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to you getting XBox live!

Mark
http://www.marklio.com