Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Dishwasher!




Last night, Jeff and our friend, Joe (the electrician--not the plumber) put the finishing touches on installing our dishwasher!  I am so proud of Jeff because this was not a typical installation.  This entailed creating a whole new circuit breaker, cutting out a cabinet, rebuilding a cabinet, drilling holes in the cabinet to install the new incoming and outgoing plumbing works for the dishwasher.  I'm impressed with how he went from zero experience in dishwashers, to reading and researching, making 8 trips to Lowe's in 3 days, and making it happen.  Replacing a dishwasher is going to seem like cake to him after retrofitting the house to put one in.  Way to go, Jeff!




I was so excited to use it today that I forgot to put soap in when I ran it for the first time.  

Thanks to Kimberlee and Dan for selling us their former (and very nice!) dishwasher and to Joe for sharing your electrical expertise!  From the pictures, you can see plainly that Micah helped too:

M: What are doing, Daddy, what are doing?
J: I'm cutting boards, buddy.
M: What are doing, Daddy, what are doing?
J: I'm measuring, Micah.
M:  Daddy Stretch.  Micah's Stretch (Stretch is the character on Handy Manny that is a tape measure.  He was referring to Jeff's actual tape measure and his little tape measure figurine)
M: What are doing, Daddy, what are doing?
J: I'm drilling, buddy.
M What are doing, Daddy? what are doing?
You get the idea.....



2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great!! and hooray for not doing dishes by hand anymore!! Love the questioning of Micah too!! <3

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

That is a SWEET dishwasher!!! Way to go Jeffo!!