Thursday, March 05, 2009

Happy Birthday Jeff! (and Joel too!)

Happy #33 to Jeff and his bro Joel!  We celebrated this morning with pancakes and presents.  This time last year Jeff was in Israel.  Here's to "and many more" together!  

Micah celebrated Daddy's birthday by wearing big boy underpants for the first time today.


So it snowed three tim
es today for a few minutes each, with sunshine in between.  Weird day.  It was also weird because we hit some roadblocks on our house situations.  Our closing was pushed back again because of some rental requirements from the bank and we found out that we can't sell the lot behind our
 house (our backyard) because of some substantial legal issues that require even the mayor's ok.  Bummer.  

Today Micah and I made pizza together and he "helped me" roll out the dough.  (We get the ready-made dough from Trader Joe's--I'm not that Martha Stewart) I sat him on the counter next to the dough and separated a little ball to poke and he kept dumping more flour on it.  He liked to pick at it with the fork and pressed my rings into it (that I had removed to work the dough)  It was a fun little moment.  

We cleared a cabinet out to install a dishwasher and Micah thinks we did it just for him.  Tuesday we 
were skyping with my parents and Micah wanted Nana Weezie and Grampa Benno and Mommy in the cabinet with him.  So in went Micah, then the computer, then mommy's head and he thought it was hilarious.  He kept repeating, "and Nana Weezie and Grampa Benno and mommy too!)

Another funny thing that happened was that this week my
 students and I concluded our anatomy study with a fetal pig dissection.  Months ago whe
n I went to SEP to sign up for my science kits, I found what I thought were disposable lab co
ats in the surplus supply.  I thought that it would be fun to grab these for my students so they w
ould feel really scientific when 
they did the dissection.  So tuesday I passed the "lab coats" out to them but when they unfolded them, they were actually full-on jumpsuits!  I offered to them to cut them off at the waist but they wanted to wear them!  They were protected from their ankles to their fingertips against any stray pig parts.  It was pretty funny.


2 comments:

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

I want to get in the cabinet with Micah too! That looks like so much fun! At least you get to use the dishwasher for a little bit before you move! :) You can also think of it as another fun birthday present for Jeff!

Deborah said...

DUDE. TOTAL win on the full-on jumpsuits!