Tonight we learned about swaddling at our Childbirth class (among other things...). I definitely have to practice to get good, but I am determined to get it down to almost ninja-like fashion. I will not be stopped. It was amazing watching the Doc on the video swaddle the kid, pick her up on her side and the kid quit crying immediately. We'll see if that works with our son. I hope so. There's a few other skills we are learning, too, to help the kid utilize his "calming reflex."
Prepare to be amazed at my awesome, cosmic powers! (But show grace when I can't get the boy to stop crying!)
Other notes - we had our Harvest Festival last night at the church. The same kids as usual came this year. It is fun to see them growing older each year. I did my usual "Lazarus' Coffin" booth this year where I scare all the kids by having them stick their hands in a home-made coffin to touch his brain, eyes, teeth, heart, and intestines. (Cauliflower, olives, chicklets, peeled tomato, cooked spaghetti, respectively...) It is pretty funny to watch the kids stick their hands in.
My sister ran another marathon two Sundays ago in San Francisco where she did the best time she has ever done. I am amazed at her skill! That takes preparation, training, and perseverance - and she pulled it off. Way to go, kid.
I am writing a paper on Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It is probably the best paper ever written. Ever. I am so good at those papers. I amaze me.
Monday, October 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You should totally buy or rent or get your hands on a copy of The Happiest Baby On The Block DVD. The book is good but the DVD is way better. The 5 S's worked like magic on James so we lent it to the Millers but I don't think it worked as well with Jenna. We started from birth with James but I think Jenna was a month or two old when they tried out his techniques. I don't know for sure - you'd have to ask them how it worked, but we got the impression that we were more excited about it than they were. Anyhow, his swaddle was the best swaddle we found - the tightest - so we stuck with it for the first 3 months.
sorry, had a double post for some reason
Just don't let the kid run around unsupervised when he escapes from his swaddling.
The Lazarus coffin sounds pretty cool. I may have to try that out next year!
Have you guys decided on a name for your boy or are you going to keep it a secret until he arrives? Inquiring minds want to know! Hope all is going well bro!
- dan -
Cara loved being swaddled until she was about 2 months old (those first shots, she didn't want anything touching her!). Here is a link to the ones we used, got them from Babies R Us :) Good Luck!!! http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265547&cp=&pg=2&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2255957&origkw=swaddle&kw=swaddle&parentPage=search
We also recommend the Happiest Baby on the Block DVD!
Oliver loved being swaddled and slept that way for the first several months.
These are the best swaddles ever--
www.simpleswaddle.com
We're so excited for you guys!
Chrys
You'll be so good at swaddling that you'll eventually come out with a video called "Origami Baby".
Post a Comment