Well, it has been too long since the last entry. A lot can happen in a week...
We had a great weekend at church. Saturday night was our Mid-Winter Dinner Theater, which went off great! The college students did the cooking, the serving, the acting - and they did an awesome job. The night was designed as a fundraiser for college ministry, and about 85 people showed up. They all commented on how the food was great, and the spirit in the room was electric. People just had a fun time - young hanging out with old, old enjoying the young...
The play was a murder mystery written by one of our own young adults, Jamie Schneider, and it was set in 1940s Hollywood on the set of a film being made by a big time director. That guy got killed. I played the part of his lawyer - a germ freak. Bethany played a gossip columnist and the other students were actresses and a producer. It was fun just to make up answers to the audience's questions about our motives, intentions, and relationship with the deceased. It could not have gone as well without the college students stepping up and doing what they did. Kudos.
V-Day
Bethany and I had a nice dinner at a restaurant in town that we had a gift certificate for. That gift card only covered about half the ticket, but it was awesome food. We know have to eat soup the rest of the month! (not really...) B and I then went to the gym and worked out. (Note to self: don't do that on an full stomach again.) We got home and I watched one of my favorite shows: 24. That and Alias are the best. On the surround sound system, it is pretty cool.
Oh - to my Xbox friends- I got a communicator. I have been too busy to play, but I will bust it out this week since I have a bit of time. I just don't want to encounter some prima donna 7th grader who cusses like a sailor trying to act all cool. Oh well - I'll deal with that when the time comes. By the way, what other cool online games are there? The star wars games?
I have got to blog more often so that I don't have to write so much at one time!
Tuesday, February 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment