I know the Grammys were last Sunday night, but I wanted to comment on them for a brief moment. It was so cool when Jamie Fox came out and jammed with Alicia Keys on "Georgia" the Ray Charles version. Fox played Ray Charles in the recent movie (which I still have to see). I want to see it even more after the Grammy perfomance. Fox surprised me with how well he sang and played the piano. It was a cool moment.
The person who was nominated for the most Grammys (10, but only won 3) was Kanye West. Here is a link to his hit song. But beware, there is some language it that is R rated. Reading the lyrics is very interesting. Songs reveal a message in a different way than simply speaking. What do you think the lyrics are telling us about what West is searching for? What does it tell us that it was nominated for a Grammy? That the music is just nice or catchy? I don't think so.
There is some deeper truth there that speaks to our deep desire to be at peace with ourselves and with each other. Jesus Christ is that peace, yet so many people fill it with other things - love, relationships, cars, things, even themselves. But even ourselves can't bring us peace - only Jesus Christ.
If I had a conversation with Kanye West, I would want to ask some more questions to him about his need for Jesus, which he mentions in his song. I wonder what he means by that... Then I would pray for him.
Friday, February 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment