The flu is over, and we can move ahead. Leading worship was weird because I could barely hear how things sounded. But it was a good Sunday.
Last night (Monday night) B and I went to an event called Fight Night put on by one of my friends Abraham and some other people. Fight Night is an attempt to recover responsible theological discussion concerning various "hot topics." Last night, we discussed how to think Christianly about evolution. One person presents the topic and then we discuss it. It really makes you think hard and put clarity on what you believe. My general take on the evolution subject is that we cannot hold too tightly to either the scientific hypothesis or the typical evangelical apologetical response to that hypothesis. Apologetics is not the only way to respond to evolution. I view God as an involved Creator who continues to create and renew His creation. In Gen. 1 & 2, God allows two versions of the story to be in the Bible so that we can hold a rational, ordered perspective right next to an artistic, poetic perspective. I don't think this limits God, but in fact the opposite - it shows how magnificent He is.
Tuesday, February 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! One thing which I find really interesting about the creation/evolution debate is that people think that Christians can't look at creation scientifically, and we can because if we look at the scientific evidence, it points more toward creation than it does evolution. And that's not just me saying it 'cause there are a bunch of Christian scientists (I mean, like, scientists who are Christians, of course) who know all this stuff about science and all this stuff about the Bible and the two are completely compatable (science and the Bible, not evolution and the Bible). You may find http://www.answersingenesis.org a really interesting site for that whole subject. Awesome stuff. And it's cool because if you listen to any recordings, lots of the people have Australian accents and that in itself is cool. :-)
Post a Comment