I noticed it has been a few days since my last blog. Time just goes, man...
Last Friday night we had a Medieval concert at our church with a group of women singing some Hildegard of Bingen settings about Christmas. It was a bit boring and not inspiring and a bit amateur-ish. Afterwards Bethany and I went to a friends house to watch the movie Luther, the famous Reformer. It was pretty interesting. I like biographies.
Saturday was supposed to be a "get-work-done-day" but it turned out to be a "stay-in-bed-because-its-rainy-and-cold-and-we're-sleepy" day. But we got the house cleaned, went grocery shopping and Xmas shopping and spent a good amount of money. The night ended with Outback Steakhouse and the Italian Job movie with our friends the Terrys. That's a great movie. It is what inspired my dad to get a Mini Cooper.
Today was a big day at church. The college students came over for breakfast this morning to our house. We had an orchestra during the service. Our choir piece was from our Cantata next week. (!) And this afternoon was a Community Carol Sing at which I played my trombone. I was also the music coordinator for it, getting everyone's music together and situated. My gospel quartet sang at it as well. Then we had our evening service, but I had to come home and read my hermeneutics stuff.
This week is going to be long, so if you don't see a blog for a little while, that might be why. My mom's birthday is on Tuesday! (I have to send her something...doh!)
Thanks for reading...
Sunday, December 05, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment