Well, on Thursday morning in Israel, I woke up and I knew something was wrong. I had that sick feeling in my throat and the achiness in my body. We then went out on our final day of the tour for 6 hours. We walked around the archeological remains of the Temple Mount, went up around the Western Wall, and then visited the Garden Tomb and the place of the Skull. We had a nice time of communion there in the Garden to finish off our trip. We then came back to the hotel just to put our bags together, eat dinner and then load the bus to the airport.
We then had a 12 hour flight from Israel to Newark and another six hour flight from Newark to Seattle. I got back on Friday, went to bed and didn't wake up again until Saturday morning. I went to the doc, who said I had the influenza. Brutal. I have been down ever since. Bethany had to preach my sermon for me on Sunday since I couldn't go. She was great, I heard. She is the best. She has been by herself with Micah these past two weeks, looking forward to me coming home. Then, I come home sick and she takes care of both of us. I have the best wife in the world, I believe...
By the way, click on the flickr box and it will take you to my pics from the trip!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry to hear that Jeff. Get better ok! Love you guys
Becca D
Hope you are better--the flu is nasty stuff!
yes, you have indeed a wonderful wife. I shall never forget how my wife and I were received in your home. Bethany did not even know us, but we experienced her love and care for us. we now pray for your recovering fast.
Post a Comment