Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Travel Day



Here I am at Newark Airport in the armpit of the world. (My friend from Jersey called it that, not me...) We are here for 6 HOURS (oy) before we leave for Tel Aviv at 10:50pm tonight. I will arrive in Israel tomorrow (my twin brother's birthday - happy 32nd, bro) at about 4:15pm Tel Aviv time, which is 6:15am PST or 8:15am CST. Thanks for all your prayers and well-wishes!

The flight from Seattle was a little adventurous - we had one of the ladies on the tour with us get all dizzy and faint in the aisle. The flight attendant called for any nurses or doctors that were on the plane to come help and they worked on her for a while. There were about 5 people that came and helped out. She is going to be okay it turns out. One of our other tour members was the main person working on her, so I feel good about having a nurse on our team should I get caught in enemy fire. (Mom, Bethany - I am just kidding! It is very safe) I was able to get a quick nap in, read some Spurgeon sermons for Good Friday research, and make some new friends. There is a good range of people going on the trip - from 10 years old up to 80 years old, and most of them come from the western Washington area. We are all just so touristy in our nifty red around-the-neck pouches. I am not going to be a tourist in my own country, though, so I am waiting to put it on until we get there!

Alright - I am going to take a nap, watch a movie, do my laundry, write a novel, plan the next 2 years of sermons and solve world hunger in the layover time that I have left! Until tomorrow night (which may be morning for you)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have some time on your hands!! LOL.. You are so close to me. Come say hi!! haha J/K!! You don't want to come here, we are having a HUGE storm. Tornado watch included! Well hope your layover goes well. Looking forward to the rest of your blogs. TTYL

Becca

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're off to a routine start (for a traveler. Pray all goes well and remember, the rest of the time is going to fly by :-).
ohh..that's a pun! But you will really wish you had another 10 days. Enjoy.
Coach

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Jeffrey,
Happy birthday to you.

Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed. Yom Huledet Same'ach! To you Jeff! יום הולדת שמח

Becca