As many of you might know, we at FBC Bellingham have been in the process of searching for a new senior pastor for the past year. I can't believe it has been that long - sometimes it flew by, sometimes it dragged on. This past Sunday, the search committee announced that they are inviting me to be the next pastor of First Baptist Church!
It was quite an emotional day overall yesterday - we also said goodbye to our piano player of four years, Jennifer Sours. She is an amazing talent and a perfect addition to FBC. I hope that one day she can return to Bellingham on a permanent basis...
So, the congregation still has to vote on me in two weeks, so I get to preach that day once again.
I am hoping to be a bit more regular on the blog updates as well.
Monday, July 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Congratulations!!!!
If I could, I'd vote for you 209384932 times.
I never got the chance to actually say it to you personally on Sunday, so I'll say it now...CONGRATS!! I won't be there for the vote though, I'll be in California. I'm voting for you right now though! Lots of love!!
Holy cow, Jeff - that is great. You will be great. :)
- Lisa
Man, that search committee sure knew what they were doing!
That's awesome bro! Congratulations!
Jeff, I hope it's exactly what you want and it's exactly where God wants you now. Congrats!!
Post a Comment