Monday, August 13, 2007

The Vote

After 30 million votes, the next pastor of First Baptist Church is Jeff Flint! This fall I will be going to school full time so that I can finish up my Masters of Divinity degree and start the position in January 2008. That will be 18 credits, so it will be a lot, but I am highly motivated to do it. It must be done. What helps this year is that Regent is giving two "fall breaks" (which they call Reading Weeks), so I will be able to catch up or stay caught up on the material. The course list I am taking:

Advanced Preaching with Darrell Johnson
OT Book Study: Exodus with Carl Armerding (don't know this person yet)
Reading Film: A Theological Approach with Bruce Marchfelder
Advanced NT Exegesis: 1 Corinthians with Bob Derrenbacker
Worship Beyond Words with Janet Danielson
and an Audio Course: Systematic Theology A with J.I. Packer

After looking at that list, I am getting nervous... BUT - it HAS to be done! Bring it.

8 comments:

Dan Obregon said...

Hey bro! Congratulations! I am sure that God has got some amazing plans for you and your church! Best wishes on your course work this term!

Joel Flint said...

it's been broughten brutha

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

Where is my autographed bulletin?!! I called Family Christian Stores but they didn't seem to have any in stock...must be sold out already. Congrats Pastor Flint!

Kristen

Madeline's Mom said...

If I could have voted for you 30 million times I would have. Bring it on, Pastor Jeff.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm soo excited!!

Crissy and Kevin said...

Jeff, Kevin and I are so excited for you! Good luck this fall!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm scared of my class load this fall too . . . it's not that many (2), but since I'm working full time burnout seems nigh. How about I pray for you and you pray for me? Sound good? (btw, I have a new blog up in the works about library life and bookish things. Take a peek if you have a spare moment).

Anonymous said...

Congradulations Jeff, Pray a lot and often and things will go splendedly.
Tracy A. Lucas