Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Child Birth Class

B and I had our second child birth class last night. We meet some very cool people there and we are excited about getting to know them better. We are the couple with the latest due date, so we sit at the end. Last night we broke into guy/girl groups and our question was "What are the top three things you have seen change in your wife since becoming pregnant?" Well, of course the first repsonse was appearance - but we clarified it to say that there is a different "glow" about her...

We practiced some relaxation techniques for when the contractions begin. It was kind of weird to spoon with your wife with everyone else there. Oh well - I'll take any chance to spoon with my wife!

Other: I am preaching for the next two Sundays... My parents come up this Saturday... Church stuff is up and going - we have search committee now and taking steps forward (slowly)...

4 comments:

jen barnes said...

haha... I remember those childbirth classes... BAH, I say, useless! I'm glad you seem to be meeting people in yours though. Once those couples and y'all have your kiddos it would be great to get together with them for support groups and (when the kids can actually play) playgroups.

Misty said...

So do you know yet if it is a boy or girl? Or are you not sharing?? :)

Anonymous said...

I remember our Bradley classes, they were very informative and helpful. Melissa was healthy and had quick labors and relatively smoothe deliveries. Our kids had high apgar scores and no complications. If Jen is talking about Lamaze, then I agree; shallow breathing is for wimps. Bradley is the way to go for those informed parents who really want to have healthy pregnancies. On the other hand, in nine months, your son will be knocking on the door of life and it might not really matter to B. If that is the case, I have one word for you: epidural.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you guys and your baby!

PS I agree with the person who suggested epidural. I've never had a baby, but you know I've had kidney stones and an epidural works wonders!