Wednesday, February 22, 2006

What is up with that?

I am on my little laptop at church because my iMac (the new one I got three weeks ago) has a screen problem. I had to take it back to the store because the screen would not "un-blacken." I called the Apple support and they had me do all sorts of tests and experiments to try and wake it back up, but the screen would have nothing do to with that. That kind of stuff drives me crazy - new things that are supposed to work, but don't and then you have to wait a week to get it back. Too bad they just can't give me a new one or a loaner for the week. I am a little worried about data preservation, too...

B and I have been getting into American Idol this year, and in the "my two cents" department, that Katharine McPhee girl last night has an incredible voice. It is effortless and easy for her. It was the same for three of the other girls - two of whom were 17 and 16. Good stuff!

My dad and sister ran a half marathon together this past weekend in Austin. I forgot the name of the actual race, but they both finished and did okay on time. I am incredibly proud of them to do the training and the work required to make it through without too much pain! (abnormal pain, I guess.)

A week and a half until the big birthday trip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is called the Freescale Marathon, formerly the Motorola Marathon.

Anonymous said...

American Idol has been good so far. I really like Paris! and Mandisa was really good on Tuesday night too! I haven't seen the guys show yet. I plan on downloading as soon as its available. Hope all goes well with that silly iMac!