Monday, October 17, 2005

Social Weekend

This weekend Bethany and I had a good time deepening some good friendships that we have made up here. Friday night we spent the night with our Matt and Jamie who got married this summer. They live in Mill Creek (near Seattle) and B had to take her science kit back to the Fred Hutch Research Center this weekend, so we just stayed with them Friday night. We had great steaks and a good time just chatting and catching up. We woke up slowly on Saturday, had breakfast, and then said our goodbyes and headed to Seattle and back to Bham.

That night we ate dinner with our friends Jason & Ali for the second time that week! It is nice when friends don't keep score about how many times you have eaten at their place vs. your place. We spent the evening making dinner and talking about all sorts of stuff. After that we dropped in on some friends from church (the Porters) who were having a get together at their new house. Good times, good times...

Sunday was a good day - good worship service, good message, good music... We had a baptism, a solo in Japanese, and 20 kids hip hop dancing. It was different for our church, but we put a lot of old hymns in the service to pad the blow! I got to be a bit creative and play a John Mayer intro into "Revive Us Again." That was fun.

Sunday night, Kim and Joe came over to watch "Alias" and "CSI" we recorded on Thursday. They are fun. Our VCR is getting a bit archaic, though, so we need to get TiVo... ("need")

Today I am at Regent and just not extremely motivated. I know I will be after this class, however, because the professor is just that good.

No comments: