Saturday, October 08, 2005

Simple Plan's "Crazy"

I heard this song on MTVs TRL debut of Simple Plan's new single, Crazy. It was intense. Here are the words, and look at them through Jesus-colored glasses...

Tell me what's wrong with society
When everywhere I look, I see
Young girls dying to be on TV
They won't stop till they've reached their dreams
Diet pills, surgery
Photoshopped pictures in magazines
Telling them how they should be
It doesn't make sense to me

Is everybody going crazy? Is anybody gonna save me?
Can anybody tell me what's going on? Tell me what's going on?
If you open your eyes You'll see that something is wrong

I guess things are not how they used to be
There's no more normal families
Parents act like enemies
Making kids feel like it's World War III
No one cares, no one's there
I guess we're all just too damn busy
And money's our first priority
It doesn't make sense to me

Is everybody going crazy? Is anybody gonna save me?
Can anybody tell me what's going on? Tell me what's going on?
If you open your eyes You'll see that something is wrong

Is everybody going crazy? Is everybody going crazy?

Tell me what's wrong with society
When everywhere I look I see
Rich guys driving big SUVs
While kids are starving in the streets
No one cares No one likes to share
I guess life's unfair

Is everybody going crazy? Is anybody gonna save me?
Can anybody tell me what's going on? Tell me what's going on?
If you open your eyes You'll see that something, something is wrong
Is everybody going crazy? Can anybody tell me what's going on?
Tell me what's going on?
If you open your eyes You'll see that something is wrong
---

This song is prophetic - speaking truth into a place that doesn't want to hear it. My favorite, heart-hitting line is the one about Rich guys driving SUVs...

No comments: