Well, it has been a while since I have posted because of the craziness going on here at church the past two weeks. We had a day camp for kids last week called the First Baptist Summer Academy. In the mornings, the kids had classes like Signs and Movement, Strings, Video Production, Photography, Drama, Recorders, Beginning Music. In the afternoon, they had classes like Cartooning, Advanced Painting, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball. I was the principal of the week, coordinating everyone and putting out fires. FBC Arlington brought a mission team up to help out with the camp, and I hosted them as well - dinners, going to Vancouver, Mariner's game, Mt. Baker. It was a busy, but rewarding time. 60 kids came to the camp. Last year we had 32. Next year, who knows how many kids we'll have!
The faith aspect of the camp was worked into every class session, and the kids also learned a musical during the week from memory. Kids don't know that they're not supposed to be able to do that! We closed off the week with a finale Friday night that went very well. Every parent was amazed at the kids. Some were even crying... They loved it so much they almost started throwing babies at us.
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Watching that video was so cool, I was (and am still) excited at the turnout and everything. I wish I could have been there to help out!
Post a Comment