Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fun times & Happy Valentines


This week we heard good news on our home appraisal.  We needed a high appraisal on our current home so we could refinance it towards our new home.  The higher our appraisal on the  Illinois St. house, the better for the financing on the Elizabeth St. House.  This was an answer to prayer because homes have been appraising lower the past several weeks.  And because it needs some big projects done that we had put off because we were going to add on.  (Six big projects, to be exact.)  So, the day before, we were running around like headless chickens cleaning, decluttering, and doing anything we could inside or out to increase value.  Even moving the temporary fence to the outside of the mud pit to make the backyard look bigger.  Micah was delighted the next day to find the mud pit freely accessible.  

Friday mornings are Caleb mornings so I took Micah and Caleb to the park.  I grabbed my camera last minute and wasn't disappointed.  You can browse through the flickr photos to see the rest.    Friday afternoons are "ZacHannah" days and we played at JumpAround.  Then we went back to their house to JumpAround on the mattress/slide they put at the bottom of their stairs.  Hilarious.

Saturday morning Jeff made his awesome breakfast and we exchanged Valentine's gifts.  Jeff gave me a cool white fleece vest and a very sweet card.  I gave Jeff a Starbucks card so he could drink the other love of his life (coffee) and we gave Micah the book Green Eggs and Ham.  We read it twice before breakfast and he asked to read it again.  Then we went for a fun walk in the woods to try out our new Micahpak.  It was a great day for a little hike--not too cold, not too warm: a 2-fleece-layer day.  When you have 30+ pounds strapped to your back you have to stick to the moderate hikes.  Then we came home so Micah could nap and Jeff gave me another cool gift: he vacuumed out my car.  (I actually don't think it was a gift, but that he was just grossed out by it, but I'm going to appreciate it as a gift :)  )  I worked on a table that I'm going to turn into a train table for Micah.  Then we "ran down" to Burlington to get Jeff an accessory for his trombone that he needs for his gig tomorrow.  He is playing in a jazz band for a charity event tomorrow evening.  I get to go too and Micah is going to hang out with his older-woman-crush, Melina.  It's a black tie affair themed after Moulin Rouge and I'm excited to see Jeff play.  

I forgot to add one very important Micahese interpretation the other day.  
Myrt = Bjorn, his buddy.  Who knows how he pulled "Myrt" from "Bjorn."  He is fully capable of saying "Bjorn" and can repeat it after me, but still chooses to call Bjorn "Myrt" nonetheless.  

Happy Valentine's day, everyone!  The Flints send you our love.

1 comment:

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

Dave vacuumed out my car for Valentine's Day too!! How hilarious!! You better take a picture of yourself in that black tie! :)