Micah is teaching us new vocabulary every day.
twoums /too ums/ adj. a pair. two of the same. two of them. "Look mommy, twoums." syn. couplet, double, two.
This is a very versatile word that can be used any time one sees two poky puppies, two Thomas trains, two oranges, two raisins, two tub crayons.
Tuesday morning we watched the presidential inauguration (along with the rest of the world!) Micah watched with us and in the middle of it, we have this conversation:
M: time to pray.
B: what do you want to pray for?
M: Obama.
B: Okay, Dear Jesus,
M: dear Jesus
B: We pray for Obama
M: Obama
B: In Jesus' name,
M: AMEN!
So, this whole conversation happened twice during the inauguration! I think what initiated the whole "time to pray" thing was that when Rick Warren gave the invocation, I was explaining that they were praying. So, Mr. President, may you know you are being lifted up by someone with true faith like a child.
We got word on Monday morning that the owners of the new home accepted our offer! We have an inspection on Friday.
6 comments:
Congrats on the house. We'll pray that the rest of the process goes smoothly, and any problems would be revealed at this stage.
When I was little, I evidently used to say "two one of them". Like, "there's one of them... look, TWO one of them!".
Yipee for an inspection! Wish I could be there to sing "Happy inspection to you!" Love that precious story about Micah praying for Obama. I can tell already that Katelyn is gonna have to take a number when it comes to that boy!
Cutest. Kid. EVER!
Yay for the house!! That's soo exciting!
woooo! woooo! wooo! You're bying another house! Now you'll have twoums!!!!
God is good! Awesome about the house! Micah= SMART child! haha
Becca
Awesome about the house. My mom apparently had the same obsession with pairs ax a kid-sje wrote o her Aunt in California that she got new shoes-"two of 'em!"
Post a Comment