Thursday, February 28, 2008

Finally, an Update

I don't know why I don't update this thing very much... If anyone still reads this, bless you.

So a few things going on...

- I got my grades back from my marathon Fall schedule: A, A-, A-, A-, B+. That's one of those things where you just thank the Holy Spirit for getting you through. I actually signed up for six classes last fall, but one was an audio course and that grade hasn't been given yet. I crammed in 6 months of work into the week before it was due. I received my graduation letter in the mail the other day, which made me very excited. Now I have all this free time - what to do? Oh yeah, maybe I'll pastor a church.

- I have seriously enjoyed my first two months as senior pastor. I figured out I like preaching every week, studying the Word and figuring out ways to share the gospel in language our culture can understand. Adjusting to a different worship situation has been more difficult than I thought, but I am grateful for the team God has formed to share the load.

- I am leaving on Tuesday for 10 days in Israel. It's a free trip, too! (minus the $127 expedited Passport renewal, doh.) A pastor friend of mine leads these groups every so often and someone had given him a grant to take a couple of young pastors along. I am looking forward to the experience. My dad actually went a couple of weeks ago with another tour and from what I hear it is like drinking from a firehouse. I plan on blogging each day so that my church and whoever reads this thing can keep up with what I am doing over there. There will be pictures. One thing I am looking forward to is standing on the Mount of Olives overlooking Jerusalem, and recalling the words of Jesus from Luke 19:41-44.

Pray for my wife, though, because that is ten days without daddy to help with Micah.

Peace.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been waiting for an update! Glad to see one. Well have a Fabulous time in Israel! I'm sure it will be most amazing!! Beyond words even ;-) Well I miss you guys ALOT. Today I heard the Whitney song you lip synced to and it made me miss you; but also smile. You guys are great! Love ya

Becca

A.Macaroni said...

Hey Jeff, just getting caught up with your blog. That's pretty incredible that you are a senior pastor now! Wish I could be there to shake your hand on the way out the church door and say, "bless you for that message, Reverend Flint." Seriously, it's awesome to see how things are going in your life. Thanks for the blogs.
- Aaron McDonald

Anonymous said...

Ooh, an update! Exciting! I'm glad to hear you're doing and DONE with school! Yay!

My parents went to Israel a year ago. Sounds like March is a perfect time to go. They LOVED it.

Here are all my dad's photos from there. A nice little preview for you. ;-)

I look forward to hearing all about your trip. Keep safe. Beware of shrapnel. :-o