Wednesday, February 14, 2007

An Update...


IMG_1177.JPG
Originally uploaded by jeffflint.
So Micah turned 5 weeks old yesterday. He is fitting better into his clothes and he gets longer (taller?) everyday. B's parents came a couple of days after he was born to spend some time with us. That was great. My parents came in a week later to stay for a week. We loved having grandparents around to help soothe, feed, hold, and cuddle!

B was able to finish her school responsibilities for the semester (yes, ours ended in Feb. this year due to snow...) and so now she is free from school stuff for a while. We are still contemplating future plans...

Click on the photo for some updated pics of the past couple of weeks. One thing I have learned is that everything is now shorter - showers are shorter, nights are shorter, sleep is shorter, productivity is shorter, tempers are shorter, dinners are shorter... Bethany is doing an amazing job as a mom and she gets better at it each day. I get the mornings with Micah which is a very special time between him and me.

So, having a baby has slowed the blogging, but we are getting a routine down pretty good, so I will try to pick it up more...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful valentine greeting you've given us tonight!!Micah is such a GIFT. How b Love you three lots. Happy Hearts Day. Mom/Dad/Becky/Charlie/Gramma/Grampa

Dan Obregon said...

Hang in there Jefe. Micah is so precious!

jen barnes said...

"With children, the years are short but the days are long." (don't know who first said that) is my favorite quote in summarizing parenthood because before you know it, you'll have an 18 month old on your hands... and then I'm sure the next 16.5 years will zoom by and they'll already all be in college.

Good to see you back with a new post. Been praying for you guys!

jen barnes said...

dude. I totally meant to add that David will probably be in Seattle in July. shoot him an email to get details... I know he'd love to hook up with y'all and meet Micah and see you and Bethany again.

Anonymous said...

Tell Jen & Dave that the very best cure/relief for diaper rash is just plain ol' CORN STARCH. There is nothing mixed in it to irritate the babys bum, just pure corn starch. It works. . .been there, done that.

Anonymous said...

That picture is awesome. It makes him look like a portrait of an old British king.

He knows who's boss now.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, just took a minute to look at your photos. Love the baby's room, love the baby, love the parents. We miss you guys. Again, let us know when you are down to see the grandparents and if you can fit us in. We will come to you!

Sorry to say that after 15 years I still don't find a lot of me time but it does get easier and it never stops being amazing. I will brag on my darlings anytime I can find someone to listen.

Love, Melissa