Weight - 6lbs 10oz.
Length - 20.5"
So a crazy thing happened a couple of days ago - we had our son. His name is Micah Charles Flint and he is pretty much perfect. Click on the pic to see more...
So on Sunday night, B is feeling contractions pretty hard, but tries to shrug it off and cope with it because it was way too early for our kid to be born. He was supposed to have been due the 25th.
Well, she went to work Monday, teaching right through her contractions. She comes home and begins to time them, but she is still not thinking labor because of how early it is. I get home that night (wanting to watch the BCS Championship Game I recorded...) and she could not get to sleep, so we begin to time them and she is pretty much 5 minutes apart on average.
Being a little naive about the whole thing, I say - well, let's just time them some more. That was at 12:25am on Tuesday morning. They start to get worse in intensity and so at 2:05am I say - let's call the hospital.
We call, they say bring her in and she is deemed 8cm upon arrival. It went fast from there - no time for drugs (although she really wanted them!); no time for getting ready - he just came! With about 10 minutes of pushing, he was born at 4:14am. Though, in reality we thought we had two more weeks to decide a name, so we had to come up with one pretty quick. Micah means "who is like the Lord?" (No one! Who else can create such miracles?)
Before we left for the hospital, I was running around the house trying to figure out what to put in a bag to take with us. B was no help because she was in labor, and I was just throwing things in a bag. We turned out alright, though...
What an amazing experience!
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
That's awesome, and Micah is a wonderful name. Can't wait to see him! Thanks for posting your story, Jeff, and congrats to both of you! - Kari
He's beautiful and mom looks good. My favorite pic is the one of Gage holding the baby - He looks like Santa Claus incognito! Enjoy the snow and the time of bonding with baby. We love and miss you both!
Jay, Mel, Cat and Hannah
Yay for no drugs! B's recovery will be so quick due to the drug-free labor and birth! We're surprised he came so early, but praising the Lord all is well. Congratulations!
Congratulations on your beautiful new son. Enjoy every precious moment.
Nathan, Shannon and Garrett
Awesome....Awesome.....such a beautiful boy. Ya'll will make great parents. God Bless
We rejoice with you that Micah is here and healthy; blessings to you all. We loved the baseball outfit he wore home!
CONGRATULATIONS! What a blessing!
Bethany--checking in at 8 cm?!? Pushing for 10 minutes? I am amazed! You're a champ! Way to go!
Blessings to you all!!!
Chrys
That's AWESOME! Congratulations. Yaaaaay!
Yaaaaaaaaay!
Give your baby a kiss for me!
Oh yes, and I LOVE the name you chose for him and he's really super-duper cute (and I'm not just saying that because we're friends).
Awww. Cute widdo guy!
Haha, when I first read "who is like God" I thought it was a statement about the baby.
Hey bro!
Congratulations to both of you and Happy Birthday, Micah!
What a beautiful baby boy and mommy too! And what a proud looking father. ;) So glad I ran into you at Target Jeff - I've been thinking of you two. (now 3!!!) Love you guys - Kristen (Schell) Koeshall :)
You stole our name!! :) We'll probably still keep it. He's gorgeous, and congratulations. I hope he's everything you wanted and more. God provides the most precious of things when we need them most!
Bethany and Jeff ~ Mindy Bible sent me the word that your baby was born and then the link to your blog. CONGRATULATIONS mom and dad!
From his photo ...you are correct...he seems just about perfect! Little boys are just the best ever! I learn something new from my son everyday and have learned to see the world through his eyes with the awe and amazement that seem to surround little ones. Our baby girl is due here in the next 4 weeks or so(we dont have a name yet either:)) And we are gearing up to do that wonderful yet CRAZY experience all over again. MANY blessings sent your way and give that sweet baby boy a kiss from us.
Many blessings! Bryan, Lisa & Griffin Camp
Congratulations, Bethany and Jeff! Looking at the pictures makes me want another one so bad, because they are such an incredible blessing from God! My heart rejoices at this wonderful gift with you guys!
Bethany, your mom gave me the blog address when I saw her over Christmas. I just now found the piece of paper it was written on and to my surprise and delight for you guys, Micah has arrived.
My little guy, Jackson, is 5 & 1/2 months already and it flies!!! Enjoy as many of the moments you can through your sleep deprivation, because they really do change quickly!
Love and hugs,
Lara (Lanier) Pitt
Post a Comment