Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Softball Champs!

Well, it was a crazy weekend. On Friday night, we had a cool Southern Gospel Quartet group called Liberty Quartet come and sing a concert for us. The church was packed and everyone had a great time. They are fun guys who do that for a living, so to come to a little church like ours is awesome of them.

Then on Saturday, I got up at 5:15am to head down to Bremerton with our church men's softball team. We had to scramble to pick up enough players to even play in the tournament, but seven games later, we had the first place trophy! It was way cool because in the championship game (#7), we were down 6 runs in the bottom the of the 6th inning. We were home team, and you only play seven innings in softball. Well, that bottom half of the 6th we came back and tied it. (I had a triple to right field in that come back.) Then in the last inning, we got them out 1-2-3 and we knew right then that we were going to win. Our first batter got up and popped out. The second batter hit a double to left field. The next guy hit a single to left field, scoring the runner on second and winning the game. It was amazing.

Oh, and I was chosen MVP of the tourney by my team. I got a collared shirt with "MVP" on it and even a little plaque to put up in my office! We got home at 2:00am.

Sunday, after church and a church cookout, I went to bed at 4:30pm, woke up at 10:30pm, went back to bed at midnight and woke up again 8:00am Monday morning. I am still sore...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word...awesome. Makes me think of all my great softball moments over the years such as giving Sturdivant a concussion.

Anonymous said...

I wish there would have been a coed team...=( oh well, what can you do?