This past Sunday, Jay officially announced that he was taking a job as a professor at Howard Payne University in Brownwood, Texas. This has been a 3 month struggle of a decision, so it was not an easy choice for him to make. I am super excited for him because he is so gifted in that area. He and his family make a perfect fit for that environment, and God was evident throughout the decision making process. There were a number of things that Jay was looking for and they all happened. I am very proud of him! He's the man, people.
Needless to say, that will make my job a bit more interesting, but I am very excited for what God is going to do with FBC in this new season. I will be taking more administrative roles and still doing worship while we bring on an interim and go from there...
Also, my gospel quartet is no more due to one of our members moving out of town. Also, my friends who lead worship at a church across town have stepped down. So, things are changing here in Bellingham. It is fun to be a part.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy for them, but sad. I'll miss the Smiths.
But now . . . you will RULE THE WORLD! MWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! Okay, maybe not. You can always hope though, right?
Sad about the quartet -- can't find a replacement?
Post a Comment