Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mr. Spelling Man


IMG_5357
Originally uploaded by jeffflint
Micah is getting to be quite the talker these days. He is getting closer and closer on his alphabet letters, almost getting them in the right order. My favorite letter that he says is "r" - my Baylor trombone playing friends would be proud.

Also in the WA Flint news, we have begun the process of putting on a 1600 sq.ft. addition to our little two bedroom bungalow. When it's all said and done, we will have a 4 bedroom, 2.75 bath house with a study, a living room, a family room/kitchen great room, and still some back yard left. That way, when folks come to visit - they don't have to get a hotel or stay on our futon in the middle of the living room.

Bethany and I can't wait. We want it done tomorrow. We just met with a potential contractor yesterday and we have a few more to go through to get a better idea of cost estimates. It's going to be a nice little Craftsman where we can stay in this location, but also have room for a family.

In other family news, I want to direct you to our niece's website: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jordanflint. She is battling leukemia and you can be a part of that fight, as you wish. Bethany and I are so amazed at her strength and toughness and perseverance. We are especially amazed at her parents' perseverance. They are learning true friendship, true love, true pain, and true joy. We pray for them often, and I encourage you to do so, too.

Sorry it has been so long in updating this thing.

1 comment:

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

Yipee for a blog update!!! I'm so excited! Go Mr. Spelling Man! We can't wait to see you guys and have one last stay in your little bungalow! Love from Texas! The McCurdys