Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day Three of the Meet Micah Tour

On Monday, Bethany, Micah and I traveled to the Lone Star State for the "Meet Micah Tour." Micah did quite amazing on the planes flights, fussing at the appropriate times and eating and sleeping well. We left Bham at 5:45am and got to TX at 1:45pm (after a stop in Seattle) and he was fine. The air pressure issues are easily taken care of by feeding him on the way up and down. He slept during the flight and entertained those around us.

My (Jeff's) mom had a "Welcome to Texas, Micah" sign when we walked into the baggage claim, and Micah felt very special and welcomed. We hung out with at my brother's house with the whole family, enjoying watching their daughter Jordan and eating fajitas. Jordan is a doll! She got Micah a new play toy and enjoyed showing him how to play with it.

We are at B's grandparents now in Paris, TX. It is thunderstorming and I forgot how much the rain is different here. Meanwhile, it is sunny and warm back in Bham!

It is nice to be here, although it is not much of a vacation because I have papers to do for the courses I took at Regent the last two weeks and I preach the two Sundays we return from TX. At least going into a vacation knowing that softens the expectation a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany, I have enjoyed watching Micah grow through your pictures. Hope all is well and you are enjoying motherhood, I am so glad you are able to stay home! You will be missed, but Micah needs his Mommy.
Take care, Jen