Monday, May 22, 2006

Coming Up for Air

This past week had a lot going on with us. Bethany got back yesterday from a sail boat trip where she taught students about marine biology. They stayed on the ship Friday and Sat. night, coming back on Sunday. She had a great time and learned how to sail a little bit, I think! She said at one time they were going so fast that the boat (160 feet long, btw) was leaning over to the side with a little bit of water spilling in. You've seen those sailboat races where they are tilted way to the side - kind of like that.

Friday and Saturday I was at our American Baptist convention down in Everett. It made for long days because we drove down and back each day. I played a few songs Friday night for special music and then lead worship at our dinner banquet that night. It went pretty good, but we were running behind so late that everything felt rushed and very rough. Saturday, Jay and I put on an emergent worship workshop. It began with Cowboy worship and talking about how big Cowboy church is in rural areas nowadays. I approached the emergent church worship from an urban perspective and did a "model" emergent worship service. It went well - too bad there were only 4 people there for it!

Then church yesterday - Jay was gone and another person preached. Then a hymn sing-a-long down in Warm Beach at which I played my trombone. It was a long weekend, so today I have a headache and no motivation to do anything. I do get to take Friday off, though, which will be nice.

No comments: