Sunday, November 27, 2005

Well, B and I just had her parents in town for a week for the Thanksgiving holidays. We had a really nice time to relax and hang out. There weren't any huge trips planned, which was nice because we could just enjoy each other's company. We had our friends Jason and Alli and a guy named John over for Turkey day. I cooked the turkey this year and it didn't turn out half bad! It was really good and there are lots of leftovers, which I'm happy about. I also made a pecan pie that didn't turn out too well. I think I had too many pecans in it and not enough of the goopy good stuff. It was just a good day to hang out with family and friends, watch some football, play some video game football and eat.

Today we had our first advent service at church. B and I sang a duet called "A Strange Way to Save the World." 4 Him did it originally. It sounded nice and the whole service worked well altogether. One of our church members wrote a great poem for each sunday in advent based on the Scripture text for that day. They are pretty deep and thought provoking.

This afternoon our church sponsored a big community Christmas sing-a-long at the Mount Baker Theater. 1200 people came and another 130 people sang in the choir and played in the orchestra. I got to do a little of everything. I played in the orchestra, I played in a rockin' guitar trio with two of my friends who lead worship at another church in town, I sang in a men's gospel quartet, and I played bass trombone in a brass quintet. I also directed the children's choir from our church on a couple of the songs we are doing from our musical this next sunday. The guitar trio was probably my favorite because playing with those two guys is a treat and they can play!

I had to coordinate all these groups and get the orchestra their music and the choir their words, so it was a big undertaking by everyone involved. I am just glad it is over! I enjoyed just hanging out and watching some football tonight. I think my fantasy football smoked my opponent this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bethany's mom called us last night and gave us a trip report. Her description of you Saturday activities made me tired. I felt tired again this morning when I read your account of the day's activities. We're proud of you two! Would you give us a private performance of "A Strange Way to Save the World" in a couple of weeks?